Leave a comment
July 3, 2015 by jegadeesh29
What does sitemap do with your Magento site?
- Shows an easy-to-follow overview of your site
- Provides a pathway for the search engine robots to follow your Magento site.
- Provides text links to every page of your site.
- Quickly shows visitors how to get where they need to go.
- Utilizes important keyword phrases.
Benefits of using XML sitemap
- List all the URLs of your website with information rich XML format to search engine
- Prioritize important pages of your website
- A sitemap will help your website to be more influential
- Configure and code an information rich sitemap is time consuming and requires quite a lot of skills. Luckily, Magento provide a sitemap generation function. It helps to generate a sitemap with the catalog and CMS pages information. However, a modern sitemap contains much more things.
Sitemap can be so helpful for your website. However, every coin has two sides. There’re also some issues for XML sitemap if you don’t use it properly.